The 21st century classroom is becoming increasingly diverse. Our students represent diverse cultures and socioeconomic classes. They speak different languages at home and have varying immigration statuses. There is diversity of gender, gender expression and sexual orientation. Many students have special needs and represent various special populations. The research is clear that a one-size-fits-all approach to learning is not effective.
This course is guided by the essential question How can we create powerful learning experiences to meet the wide range of student needs in the 21st century classroom? and presents differentiation as a solution for answering this essential question and meeting the needs of a diverse student base.
This course will provide educators with the tools necessary to implement differentiation effectively in their classrooms. It provides tips and resources that educators can start utilizing immediately along with two authentic tasks and a final project that ask participants to think deeply about the subject matter and apply it to their students in meaningful ways.
Participants will be able to:
At the end of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Effectively differentiate instruction to meet the needs of all students.
- Create a learning environment where students thrive.
- Create authentic performance assessments, both formative and summative, that have clear goals and accurately reflect student learning.
To Register/Enroll in a Course:
- Register with Rock Island ROE #49.
- Once you have registered, Rock Island ROE #49 will email you a prepaid enrollment code.
- Begin at CE Credits Online Rock Island ROE #49
- Select your course and click “Add to Cart”.
- Review cart and click “Login”.
- If you’re a new user, click “Create account”. If you’re a returning user, log in with your email and password.
- You will now be returned to the cart. Enter your enrollment code and click “Validate”.
- Click “Check Out”.
- Complete your order by entering your contact information. Click “Continue to Payment Method”. (You will not be charged or need to enter a credit card number)
- Click “Complete Order”.
- If you are a new user, you will receive an automated email from Schoology with your initial eClassroom Sign In information.
- You have 6 months (180 days) from your enrollment date to complete your course.
- If you have any questions, check out our FAQs or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon Course Completion:
Graduate-Level Professional Development Credit Courses
- We have partnered with regionally-accredited universities to provide graduate-level professional development university credits for our courses. Most Illinois educators choose Humboldt State University for their credits.
- View the University Partners tab for more information about our Partners.
- Upon completion, email CE Credits Online at email@example.com
- CE Credits Online will email you your instructions, including how to make payment.
- CE Credits Online will forward all the required documentation to the University you selected (on the 1st or the 16th of each month).
- The University partner will process your course completion and provide a transcript that includes the name of the course, course number, number of credits, and your grade. This process can take 4-6 weeks.
- You will receive directions on how to receive your transcript in email form, and you can also review the University Partners section of our website for more information.
- You must check with your district to ensure the credits received will meet your specific requirements. We will not be held responsible if your school, district or state does not accept the credits issued.
- All the courses listed may be used to meet your Illinois Rock Island ROE #49 recertification or professional development needs (always check with your district/state to determine eligibility).
- Upon successful completion of your course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion for your records that will include the name of the course and number of professional development hours completed.
- The Certificate of Completion is designed as a record that verifies that a professional development course was taken and passed.
- Required Illinois Clock Hour forms will be emailed to you, along with instructions. To obtain Clock Hours, please follow the instructions carefully.