The 21st century classroom is becoming increasingly diverse. Our students represent diverse cultures and socioeconomic classes. They speak different languages at home and have varying immigration statuses. There is diversity of gender, gender expression and sexual orientation. Many students have special needs and represent various special populations. The research is clear that a one-size-fits-all approach to learning is not effective.
This course is guided by the essential question How can we create powerful learning experiences to meet the wide range of student needs in the 21st century classroom? and presents differentiation as a solution for answering this essential question and meeting the needs of a diverse student base.
This course will provide educators with the tools necessary to implement differentiation effectively in their classrooms. It provides tips and resources that educators can start utilizing immediately along with two authentic tasks and a final project that ask participants to think deeply about the subject matter and apply it to their students in meaningful ways.
Participants will be able to:
At the end of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Effectively differentiate instruction to meet the needs of all students.
- Create a learning environment where students thrive.
- Create authentic performance assessments, both formative and summative, that have clear goals and accurately reflect student learning.
To Enroll in a Course:
- Select from two options of the courses:
- Course Only (you will receive a Certificate of Completion to obtain your PLUs). See the important information on the PLU process in the Credits tab.
- Course + Credits (which includes the credit fees, and you will receive a Certificate of Completion for your records and/or for PLUs and you will receive an official University transcript.
- Add the course(s) to your Cart.
- When you are ready to check out, go to your cart. You will be asked to log into your account or create a new account.
- Follow the enrollment and payment prompts. If you have a coupon/discount, you will be asked to enter it during the enrollment process.
- Upon purchase, you will receive an email receipt and be able to login to your course at eclassroom.cecreditsonline.org. You have 6 months (180 days) from your purchase to complete your course.
- If you have any questions, check out our FAQs or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course Only Courses for PLUs
Kelly C. Young;
- All of the courses listed can be used to meet your recertification or professional development needs in Southwest GA RESA for PLUs. (Always check with your district/state to determine eligibility).
- Upon successful completion of your course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion for your records that will include the name of the course and number of professional development hours completed.
- The Certificate of Completion acts as a record that verifies that a professional development course was taken and passed.
- To obtain your PLUs, email a copy of your Certificate of Completion to:
Director of Professional Learning
Southwest Georgia RESA
How PLUs are calculated:
- 15 hours = 1.5 PLUs
- 30 hours = 3 PLUs
- 45 hours = 4.5 PLUs
Course + Credits Courses
- We have partnered with regionally-accredited universities to provide graduate-level professional development credits for our courses. Review the University Partners tab for more information.
- All courses taken for graduate credit receive both a Certificate of Completion and an official University Transcript.
- Upon completion of your course, CE Credits Online will forward all the required documentation to the University you selected.
- The University partner will process your course completion and provide a transcript that includes the name of the course, course number, number of credits, and your grade.
- You will receive directions on how to receive your transcript in email form, and you can also review the University Partners section of our website for more information.
- Note: If you would like to receive your credits from Adams State University, please purchase the Course Only version of the course and upon completion email email@example.com to request your graduate credits from Adams State University. Each graduate credit costs $55.
- You must check with your district to ensure the credits received will meet your specific requirements. We will not be held responsible if your school, district or state does not accept the credits issued.