The goal of this course is to provide Washington State teachers with the skills necessary to advocate for and effectively teach students with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Those skills will be developed through an exploration of the defining components of ASD diagnosis, assessment, treatment, and services, as well as strategies, programs, and available services for addressing the key components of ASD through evidence-based practices. Throughout the course, participants will also be asked to reflect on their prior experience and apply the concepts and strategies they learn to improve current practices.
In the final project, Washington State teachers will create a comprehensive student plan for an ASD-eligible student. The student plan will demonstrate the participant’s knowledge of the various concepts, practices, and resources explored throughout the course.
As a result of this course, participants will:
- Define Autism Spectrum Disorder by its key components.
- Differentiate between medical diagnosis and school-based ASD eligibility.
- Examine the challenges that students with ASD face with social interactions, communication, and other behaviors.
- Apply programs, services, and classroom strategies for addressing the challenges faced by students with ASD .
- Create a plan for the effective implementation of various resources to provide a holistic experience for each and every student.
To Enroll in a Course:
- Select the salary advancement or recertification course or courses for Washington State teachers you wish to take.
- Choose the version of this course you would like to take: Course + Credits (you will receive an official University transcript) or Course Only (you will receive a Certificate of Completion).
- If you want Clock Hours, select the Course Only option of the course you wish to take.
- Add the course to your Cart and continuing shopping, if you’d like to purchase more courses.
- When you are ready to check out, go to your cart. You will be asked to log-in to your account or create a new account.
- Follow the enrollment and payment prompts. If you have a coupon/discount, you will be asked to enter it during the enrollment process.
- Upon purchase, you will receive an email receipt and be able to login to your course in our eClassroom. You have 180 days from your purchase to complete your course.
- If you have any questions, check out our FAQs or email email@example.com.
Course + Credits Courses
- We have partnered with regionally-accredited universities to provide graduate-level professional development credits for our courses. See University Partners tab for more information on our university partners. All courses taken for graduate credit receive both a Certificate of Completion and an official University Transcript.
- Select Course + Credits option of the course(s) you wish. Credit fees are included in the cost of the course.
- Upon completion of your course, CE Credits Online will forward all the required documentation to the University you selected.
- The University partner will process your course completion and provide a transcript that includes the name of the course, course number, number of credits, and your grade.
- You will receive directions on how to receive your transcript in email form, and you can also review the University Partners section of our website for more information.
- Note: If you would like to receive your academic credits from Adams State University, please purchase the Course Only option of the course, and, upon completion, email firstname.lastname@example.org informing us you wish graduate credit from Adams State University. We will email you instructions. Each graduate credit costs $55.
- You must check with your district to ensure the credits received will meet your specific requirements. We will not be held responsible if your school, district or state does not accept the credits issued.
Course Only Courses
- We offer all of our courses as a Course Only option that can be used to meet your Washington State recertification or professional development needs, such as Clock Hours. (Check with your district to verify eligibility).
- Upon successful completion of your course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion for your records that will include the name of the course and number of professional development hours completed.
- The Certificate of Completion acts as a record that verifies that a professional development course was taken and passed.
Obtaining Clock Hours:
Registrar Registrar at Olympic ESD 114
- Upon completion, you will automatically receive your Certificate of Completion via email.
- Submit your Certificate of Completion to: email@example.com and request a Clock Hour Form.
- Send your Clock Hour Form and payment for Clock Hours to:
105 National Avenue N
Bremerton, WA 98312
Angela Wageman Registrar
Angela Wageman at (360) 405-5801
Bridgette Golden Registrar
Bridgette Golden at (360) 478-6868