The goal of this course is to provide participants with a foundational knowledge of how to effectively create and teach in a technology-rich classroom environment. The first half of the course is an examination of the relationship between students and technology, how it impacts learning (both positively and negatively), and the evolving roles and skill sets required of teachers in order to leverage technology to meet the needs of their students. Once this framework is established, participants will begin an exploration of a variety of web-based tools and mobile applications, evaluating the potential impact that each could have in their classrooms.
In the final project, participants will put the knowledge and skills gained throughout the course to use in order to outline an instructional unit that thoughtfully incorporates several technology tools The unit plan will demonstrate the participant’s knowledge of the tools, implementation strategies, and best practices explored throughout the course, as well as an understanding of the unique learning styles, needs, and challenges of his or her students. It will conclude with a reflection of the participant’s own teaching philosophy and practices, and what, if any, adjustments they may need to make to effectively deliver the instructional unit.
As a result of this course, participants will:
- Evaluate the potential for technology-enriched instruction to engage and teach today’s learners.
- Explore the impact of the Digital Divide on student learning and classroom instruction.
- Define the role of the teacher in creating and managing a technology-rich classroom environment.
- Examine the advantages and disadvantages of implementing various web- and application-based technologies in the classroom.
- Integrate a variety of web-based tools and mobile applications into an instructional unit.
To Enroll in a Course:
- Select the salary advancement or recertification course or courses for Washington State teachers you wish to take.
- Choose the version of this course you would like to take: Course + Credits (you will receive an official University transcript) or Course Only (you will receive a Certificate of Completion).
- If you want Clock Hours, select the Course Only option of the course you wish to take.
- Add the course to your Cart and continuing shopping, if you’d like to purchase more courses.
- When you are ready to check out, go to your cart. You will be asked to log-in to your account or create a new account.
- Follow the enrollment and payment prompts. If you have a coupon/discount, you will be asked to enter it during the enrollment process.
- Upon purchase, you will receive an email receipt and be able to login to your course in our eClassroom. You have 180 days from your purchase to complete your course.
- If you have any questions, check out our FAQs or email email@example.com.
Course + Credits Courses
- We have partnered with regionally-accredited universities to provide graduate-level professional development credits for our courses. See University Partners tab for more information on our university partners. All courses taken for graduate credit receive both a Certificate of Completion and an official University Transcript.
- Select Course + Credits option of the course(s) you wish. Credit fees are included in the cost of the course.
- Upon completion of your course, CE Credits Online will forward all the required documentation to the University you selected.
- The University partner will process your course completion and provide a transcript that includes the name of the course, course number, number of credits, and your grade.
- You will receive directions on how to receive your transcript in email form, and you can also review the University Partners section of our website for more information.
- Note: If you would like to receive your academic credits from Adams State University, please purchase the Course Only option of the course, and, upon completion, email firstname.lastname@example.org informing us you wish graduate credit from Adams State University. We will email you instructions. Each graduate credit costs $55.
- You must check with your district to ensure the credits received will meet your specific requirements. We will not be held responsible if your school, district or state does not accept the credits issued.
Course Only Courses
- We offer all of our courses as a Course Only option that can be used to meet your Washington State recertification or professional development needs, such as Clock Hours. (Check with your district to verify eligibility).
- Upon successful completion of your course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion for your records that will include the name of the course and number of professional development hours completed.
- The Certificate of Completion acts as a record that verifies that a professional development course was taken and passed.
Obtaining Clock Hours:
Registrar Registrar at Olympic ESD 114
- Upon completion, you will automatically receive your Certificate of Completion via email.
- Submit your Certificate of Completion to: email@example.com and request a Clock Hour Form.
- Send your Clock Hour Form and payment for Clock Hours to:
105 National Avenue N
Bremerton, WA 98312
Angela Wageman Registrar
Angela Wageman at (360) 405-5801
Bridgette Golden Registrar
Bridgette Golden at (360) 478-6868