The goal of this course is to provide Washington State teachers with the necessary skill set to effectively implement available technological resources to enhance the holistic physical education experience. The course focuses on establishing an understanding of what it means to provide a holistic physical education experience through the use of technology. Washington State teachers will explore a variety of video-based, instrument-based, and smartphone-based resources and programs for students to utilize. Throughout the course, participants will also be asked to reflect on their prior experience and apply the concepts and skills they learn to improve current practices.
In the final project, teachers will put the knowledge and skills gained throughout the course to use in order to create a holistic physical education student plan. The student plan will demonstrate the participant’s knowledge of the various strategies and resources explored throughout the course in order to effectively address the topics included in a holistic physical education experience.
As a result of this course, participants will:
- Examine the key components often overlooked for a complete physical education experience.
- Assess the impact of various resources: video, instrument, and smartphone based.
- Apply effective strategies for providing opportunities to experience the use of those resources.
- Explore a variety of applications that can help students monitor, plan and analyze their nutrition, sleeping, fitness levels.
- Create a plan for the effective implementation of various resources to provide a holistic experience for each and every student.
To Enroll in a Course:
- Select the salary advancement or recertification course or courses for Washington State teachers you wish to take.
- Choose the version of this course you would like to take: Course + Credits (you will receive an official University transcript) or Course Only (you will receive a Certificate of Completion).
- If you want Clock Hours, select the Course Only option of the course you wish to take.
- Add the course to your Cart and continuing shopping, if you’d like to purchase more courses.
- When you are ready to check out, go to your cart. You will be asked to log-in to your account or create a new account.
- Follow the enrollment and payment prompts. If you have a coupon/discount, you will be asked to enter it during the enrollment process.
- Upon purchase, you will receive an email receipt and be able to login to your course in our eClassroom. You have 180 days from your purchase to complete your course.
- If you have any questions, check out our FAQs or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course + Credits Courses
- We have partnered with regionally-accredited universities to provide graduate-level professional development credits for our courses. See University Partners tab for more information on our university partners. All courses taken for graduate credit receive both a Certificate of Completion and an official University Transcript.
- Select Course + Credits option of the course(s) you wish. Credit fees are included in the cost of the course.
- Upon completion of your course, CE Credits Online will forward all the required documentation to the University you selected.
- The University partner will process your course completion and provide a transcript that includes the name of the course, course number, number of credits, and your grade.
- You will receive directions on how to receive your transcript in email form, and you can also review the University Partners section of our website for more information.
- Note: If you would like to receive your academic credits from Adams State University, please purchase the Course Only option of the course, and, upon completion, email email@example.com informing us you wish graduate credit from Adams State University. We will email you instructions. Each graduate credit costs $55.
- You must check with your district to ensure the credits received will meet your specific requirements. We will not be held responsible if your school, district or state does not accept the credits issued.
Course Only Courses
- We offer all of our courses as a Course Only option that can be used to meet your Washington State recertification or professional development needs, such as Clock Hours. (Check with your district to verify eligibility).
- Upon successful completion of your course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion for your records that will include the name of the course and number of professional development hours completed.
- The Certificate of Completion acts as a record that verifies that a professional development course was taken and passed.
Obtaining Clock Hours:
Registrar Registrar at Olympic ESD 114
- Upon completion, you will automatically receive your Certificate of Completion via email.
- Submit your Certificate of Completion to: firstname.lastname@example.org and request a Clock Hour Form.
- Send your Clock Hour Form and payment for Clock Hours to:
105 National Avenue N
Bremerton, WA 98312
Angela Wageman Registrar
Angela Wageman at (360) 405-5801
Bridgette Golden Registrar
Bridgette Golden at (360) 478-6868