The goal of this course it to provide participants with the necessary skill set to identify, diagnose, and meet the needs of at-risk students. The first half of the course focuses on establishing a definition of what it means to be at-risk, identifying the causes and manifestations of those risks, and empathizing with the needs of at-risk students. In the second half of the course, participants will explore a variety of classroom-, district-, and community-based strategies and programs for students at risk. Throughout the course, participants will also be asked to reflect on their prior experience with at-risk students and apply the concepts and skills they learn to improve current practices.
In the final project, participants will put the knowledge and skills gained throughout the course to use in order to create a holistic at-risk student plan. The student plan will demonstrate the participant’s knowledge of the various strategies explored throughout the course in order to effectively address the needs of a specific at-risk student.
As a result of this course, participants will:
- Examine the factors and needs-deficiencies that put students at-risk.
- Assess the impact of various risk factors on the at-risk student and the overall classroom environment.
- Apply effective strategies for addressing the needs of at-risk students in their classrooms.
- Explore a variety of district- and community-based programs designed to meet the needs of at-risk students.
- Create a plan for the effective implementation of various classroom-, district-, and community-based strategies to address the unique needs of an at-risk student.
To Enroll in a Course:
- Select the salary advancement or recertification course or courses for New York teachers you wish to take.
- Choose the version of this course you would like to take: Course + Credit (credit fees are included, and you will receive an official University transcript) or Course Only (you will receive a Certificate of Completion that includes our CTLE Sponsor ID Number).
- Add the course to your Cart and continuing shopping, if you’d like to purchase more courses.
- When you are ready to check out, go to your cart. You will be asked to log-in to your account or create a new account.
- Follow the enrollment and payment prompts. If you have a coupon/discount, you will be asked to enter it during the enrollment process.
- Upon purchase, you will receive an email receipt and be able to login to your course at eclassroom.cecreditsonline.org. You have 180 days from your purchase to complete your course.
- If you have any questions, check out our FAQs or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course + Credits Courses
- Upon successful completion of your course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion for your records that will include the name of the course and the number of professional development hours completed and the CE Credits Online CTLE Sponsor ID Number.
- See Registration and Continuing Teacher and Leader Education Requirements for more information.
- CTLE Individual Record
- CE Credits Online will forward all the required documentation to the University you selected.
- The University partner will process your course completion and provide a graduate-level professional development transcript that includes the name of the course, course number, number of credits, and your grade.
- You will receive directions on how to receive your transcript in email form, and you can also review the University Partners section of our website for more information.
- You must check with your district to ensure the credits received will meet your specific requirements. We will not be held responsible if your school, district or state does not accept the credits issued.
Course Only Courses
- Upon successful completion of your course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion for your records that will include the name of the course, the number of professional development hours completed and the CE Credits Online CTLE Sponsor ID Number.
- The Certificate of Completion is designed as a record that verifies that a professional development course was taken and passed.