This course explores a number of issues involved in helping learners develop their listening comprehension of English as a second or foreign language. Participants will explore and understand factors that affect the success or failure of listening comprehension, examine an adaptable lesson template that can be used to develop the listening comprehension of students, and look at specific listening activities targeted at novice-level, intermediate-level, and advanced-level students. The course will also highlight effective assessment methods, including computerized testing of listening ability.
Enrollment is a two-step process:
To Register/Enroll in a Course:
- Register with WA NCESD 171 by going to ESD 171 pdenroller
- Once you have registered, NCESD 171 will email you a prepaid enrollment code.
- Begin at CE Credits Online educational-service-district-171
- Select your course and click “Add to Cart”.
- Review cart and click “Login”.
- If you’re a new user, click “Create account”. If you’re a returning user, log in with your email and password.
- You will now be returned to the cart. Enter your enrollment code and click “Validate”.
- Click “Check Out”.
- Complete your order by entering your contact information. Click “Continue to Payment Method”. (You will not be charged or need to enter a credit card number)
- Click “Complete Order”.
- If you are a new user, you will receive an automated email from Schoology with your initial eClassroom Sign In information.
- You have 6 months (180 days) from your enrollment date to complete your course.
- If you have any questions, check out our FAQs or email email@example.com.
Upon Course Completion:
Graduate-Level Professional Development Credits
- We have partnered with regionally-accredited universities to provide graduate-level professional development credits for our courses. All courses taken for graduate credit receive both a Certificate of Completion and a University Transcript for your records.
- Upon completion of your course, email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you want university credits and which university you have selected for those credits from our list of regionally-accredited university partners. See University Partners tab.
- CE Credits Online will email you instructions on how to pay for the credits.
- CE Credits Online will forward all the required documentation to the University you selected.
- The University partner will process your course completion and provide a transcript that includes the name of the course, course number, number of credits, and your grade.
- You will receive directions on how to receive your transcript in email form, and you can also review the University Partners section of our website for more information.
- You must check with your district to ensure the credits received will meet your specific requirements. We will not be held responsible if your school, district or state does not accept the credits issued.
Obtaining Clock Hours
- Upon successful completion of your course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion for your records that will include the name of the course and number of professional development hours completed.
- The Certificate of Completion is designed as a record that verifies that a professional development course was taken and passed. This Certificate of Completion is required to obtain your Clock Hours.
- Upon receipt of your Certificate of Completion, send a copy of it to Molly Naff at North Central ESD, email@example.com.
- Kayla will mark your course as complete.
- You will then be able to complete a quick evaluation and purchase your Clock Hours.
- Questions? Contact Molly Naff at 509-888-7042 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.