The goal of this course it to provide participants with an introductory knowledge of Google Drive applications, strategies and best practices for making use of them in the classroom, and an awareness of the potential benefits and challenges of implementation. Participants will gain experience with Google Docs, Slides, Forms, and Sheets, as well as an exposure to other applications available through Google Drive. They will also explore ways to optimize these tools to meet instructional objectives and improve the overall student experience by eliminating obstacles that prevent some students from succeeding.
In the final project, participants will put the knowledge and skills gained throughout the course to use in order to outline an instructional unit that incorporates several Google Drive applications. The unit plan will demonstrate the participant’s knowledge of the applications, implementation strategies,and best practices explored throughout the course, as well as an understanding of the unique needs and challenges of his or her students.
As a result of this course, participants will:
- Identify the key features and functions of Google Drive applications.
- Assess the potential usefulness of Google Drive applications in their classrooms.
- Create classroom tools, resources, and assessments that effectively utilize Google Drive applications.
- Predict the potential challenges and benefits of implementing Google Drive applications.
- Create a plan for the effective implementation of Google Drive applications into their classrooms.
Enrollment is a two-step process:
To Register/Enroll in a Course:
- Register with WA NCESD 171 by going to ESD 171 pdenroller
- Once you have registered, NCESD 171 will email you a prepaid enrollment code.
- Begin at CE Credits Online educational-service-district-171
- Select your course and click “Add to Cart”.
- Review cart and click “Login”.
- If you’re a new user, click “Create account”. If you’re a returning user, log in with your email and password.
- You will now be returned to the cart. Enter your enrollment code and click “Validate”.
- Click “Check Out”.
- Complete your order by entering your contact information. Click “Continue to Payment Method”. (You will not be charged or need to enter a credit card number)
- Click “Complete Order”.
- If you are a new user, you will receive an automated email from Schoology with your initial eClassroom Sign In information.
- You have 6 months (180 days) from your enrollment date to complete your course.
- If you have any questions, check out our FAQs or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon Course Completion:
Graduate-Level Professional Development Credits
- We have partnered with regionally-accredited universities to provide graduate-level professional development credits for our courses. All courses taken for graduate credit receive both a Certificate of Completion and a University Transcript for your records.
- Upon completion of your course, email email@example.com to let us know you want university credits and which university you have selected for those credits from our list of regionally-accredited university partners. See University Partners tab.
- CE Credits Online will email you instructions on how to pay for the credits.
- CE Credits Online will forward all the required documentation to the University you selected.
- The University partner will process your course completion and provide a transcript that includes the name of the course, course number, number of credits, and your grade.
- You will receive directions on how to receive your transcript in email form, and you can also review the University Partners section of our website for more information.
- You must check with your district to ensure the credits received will meet your specific requirements. We will not be held responsible if your school, district or state does not accept the credits issued.
Obtaining Clock Hours
- Upon successful completion of your course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion for your records that will include the name of the course and number of professional development hours completed.
- The Certificate of Completion is designed as a record that verifies that a professional development course was taken and passed. This Certificate of Completion is required to obtain your Clock Hours.
- Upon receipt of your Certificate of Completion, send a copy of it to Molly Naff at North Central ESD, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kayla will mark your course as complete.
- You will then be able to complete a quick evaluation and purchase your Clock Hours.
- Questions? Contact Molly Naff at 509-888-7042 or email her at email@example.com.