There are multiple opportunities for teachers to grow professionally and improve their professional teaching practice. This course supports that effort by empowering teachers to incorporate a peer coaching model into their regular instructional practice. Throughout this course, participants will learn how peer coaching can improve student learning by offering teachers a methodical way to collaborate and make instructional decisions based on outside observation, data, and reflection. This course supports teachers in building relationships with their colleagues in order to have effective communication and productive conferencing, as both a coach and coaching partner.
First, teachers will learn the definition, purpose and role of a peer coach. Learners will also acquire several methods for observing classrooms and collecting data to plan better lessons and assessments, as well as addressing other classroom issues such as student behavior and individual teacher practices. Participants will learn how to effectively utilize planning tools, such as the Peer Coaching Action Plan, the Collaborative Lesson Planning Form, and the Coaching Conference form throughout the course. Peer coaching involves collaboration among all colleagues. Learners will develop two-way communication and planning techniques that allow teachers to help each other, as opposed to one teacher taking responsibility for another teacher’s professional growth. This format of coaching provides all teachers the opportunity to learn and grow.
Learners in this course will also gain effective methods of data analysis and observation to drive achievable goals and meaningful outcomes. Through reflection of the peer coaching process, teachers can affect student achievement as both a coachee and a coach.
To Enroll in a Course:
- SelectCourse Only (you will receive a Certificate of Completion to use to obtain your Salary Points).
- Add the course to your Cart and continuing shopping, if you’d like to purchase more courses.
- When you are ready to check out, go to your cart. You will be asked to log into your account or create a new account.
- Follow the enrollment and payment prompts. If you have a coupon/discount, you will be asked to enter it during the enrollment process.
- Upon purchase, you will receive an email receipt and be able to log into your course at eclassroom.cecreditsonline.org. You have 180 days from your purchase to complete your course.
- If you have any questions, check out our FAQs or email email@example.com.
Graduate-level Professional Development Credits
- We have partnered with regionally-accredited universities to provide graduate-level professional development credits for all courses. Courses taken for graduate-level credit receive both a Certificate of Completion for your records and an official University Transcript.
- Credits may be requested from your account page.
- CE Credits Online will forward all the required documentation to the University you selected.
- The University partner will process your course completion and provide a transcript that includes the name of the course, course number, number of credits, and your grade.
- You will receive directions on how to receive your transcript in email form, and you can also review the University Partners section of our website for more information.
- Note: If you would like to take courses with Adams State University, please purchase the Course Only version of the course and upon completion email firstname.lastname@example.org to request your graduate credits from Adams State University. Each graduate credit costs $55.
- You must check with your district to ensure the credits received will meet your specific requirements. We will not be held responsible if your school, district or state does not accept the credits issued.
- We offer all of our courses as a Course Only option that can be used to meet your LAUSD Independent Charter School recertification or professional development needs (always check with your district/state to determine eligibility).
- Course Only courses are eligible for Salary Points.
- Upon successful completion of your course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion for your records that will include the name of the course and number of professional development hours completed and should be submitted for Salary Points.
- The Certificate of Completion acts as a record that verifies that a professional development course was taken and passed.