This course will teach learners effective strategies for both preventing and responding to disruptive behavior from K-12 students. Module 1 focuses on strategies that aim to prevent disruptive behavior from occurring at all. These strategies include establishing clear rules and procedures, and using positive reinforcement to emphasize behavioral expectations.
Module 2 focuses on strategies for responding to disruptive behavior if and when it does occur. These strategies include a five-step verbal technique designed to stop disruptive behavior in its tracks, as well as a range of other strategies for handling low-level disruptions. The course will also cover how to select and deliver effective consequences that encourage students to reflect on the disruptive behavior, and make better choices about their behavior in the future.
The final project of this course asks learners to create an action plan mapping out how to handle a common scenario of disruptive student behavior that they are currently experiencing or have frequently experienced in the past (and anticipate experiencing again).
- Begin at CE Credits Online Adams State University
- Select your course and click “Add to Cart”.
- Review cart and click “Login.”
- If you’re a new user, click “Create account.”
- If you’re a returning user, log in with your email and password.
- Click “Check Out.”
- Complete your order by entering your contact information. Click “Continue to Payment Method”.
- Click “Complete Order” once you have completed your payment.
- If you are a new user, you will receive an automated email from Schoology with your initial eClassroom Sign In information.
- You have 6 months (180 days) from your enrollment date to complete your course.
- If you have any questions, check out our FAQs or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon Course Completion:
Upon successful completion of your course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion for your records.
* Obtaining Your Graduate Credits from Adams State University:
- Upon completion of your CE Credits Online course, email us at email@example.com to let us know you would like to receive credits from Adams State University.
- CE Credits Online will email you instructions, including how to:
- Register and pay for your ASU graduate credits at Adams State University website.
- CE Credits Online will forward all the required documentation to the Adams State University.
- You will receive an official transcript from Adams State University in three to four weeks.
- Your official transcript will your include the name of the course, course number, number of credits, and your grade. Adams State University Sample Transcript
- You must check with your district to ensure the credits received will meet your specific requirements. We will not be held responsible if your school, district or state does not accept the credits issued.